Friday, November 18, 2016

License to Pursue Dreams

This week I watched a video for class of Marissa Mayer who works for Google.  She shared that Google started a 20% initiative where employees get to work on personal creative projects for the company on at work.  She shares the success of this initiative.  Half of their new projects submitted came from the 20% initiative.  She says when you give smart, hard working people time to work on what they want to work on, the results would be amazing.  This made me think, what if I gave myself 20% of my time to work on my entrepreneurial dreams?  I have so many little businesses going, what if I had scheduled work time each week to focus on these dreams?  I could make this happen if I turned off the T.V. or turned down one social outing a week.  And the results would be so rewarding. I am almost always not productive with my little bits of free time.  What if I was?  What kind of dreams of mine could I see come real?  I think this 20% initiative in my personal life could be the boost my businesses need.  What if everyone started pursing their dreams and ideas 20% of the time? There would be new innovative products produced, more medical cures discovered, and more success all around.  I am pretty busy with my preschool business and with college classes and being a mom of four.  But this time is NOT spent actually pursuing my dreams.  The time is there....will I embrace it?! First, I will work on my event planning business ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment