Saturday, November 5, 2016

Good Things To Come

While I was serving a mission in Romania, I had a really tough day.  Elder Baird, my district leader, gave me such a great gift.  He handed me a wrinkled, well-read copy of Holland's An High Priest of Good Things To Come.  I read it and felt so comforted.  I felt like this bad day was just a small drop in the bucket of life.  Things will get better and God helps us through the hard times.  This talk has brought me comfort so many times in my life.  I just sent it to a friend of my in jail and know that it will help give him perspective and a little bit of peace.  There are good things to come!!  This is what Christ wants for us.  This is why he died for us so we can be happy and filled with peace.  How does this talk relate to business?  I think that growing a business or working at a job we don't love can feel hopeless and pointless.  Times might be hard while we wait for our dream train to come rolling in. But, this too shall pass and the good things will come!  This hope and optimism blesses us through our trials.  With patience and prayer, we will be blessed and our lives will be changed for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment