Saturday, December 3, 2016

Entrepreneurship and Consecration

I felt like I was in Sunday School this week as I sat and listened and watched the video assignment this week.  A great entrepreneur and leader in the church Elder Gay shared his testimony and life experiences with a group of students and we were able to partake via technology.  I was amazed by his credentials as he was introduced.  I was not expecting such genuine humility as he spoke.  How does one remain so humble when they are such a success?! I felt his strong testimony and sweet spirit come across the pulpit as he taught about the business world and service and how we can consecrate our lives in the service of the Lord.  He discussed our attitudes towards wealth.  I often find myself impressed with others wealth and then, coveting it.  Elder Gay warns us of this.  He shares a quote that his father always focused on.  It is a Chateubriand principle ."In the days of service all things are founded; in the days of special privilege they deteriorate; and in the days of vanity they are destroyed.” Service keeps us humble.  This is how Elder Gay has kept his motivation and attitude and desires pure. He talks about our divine responsibility and how it should be different from the world.  Our responsibility should be inward driven with an outward focus.  I feel like the great spiritual leaders of the LDS community demonstrate this balance between between success and consecration.  They can be achieved together and examples such as Elder Hales, Elder Nelson, Elder Maxwell prove the possibility.  

No comments:

Post a Comment